Blog Archive

Monday, May 16, 2016

Day 10 Started Out at 4 a.m. Again

It seems like my body is now in this habit of just waking up around 4 am with anxiety. I know I shouldn't, I know the verses about not being anxious. Yet, it's a physical reaction. I could literally feel my fast pulse, my mind racing and all the 'what-ifs' I had to suppress. I tried praying for others. I tried remembering all the people whom are praying and how it's all in God's hands. I told myself that this is the enemy's attempt to shake my faith in God being in control, and I tried telling myself that how I feel and think right now is a 'choice' and I need to choose to calm my nerves and trust.  Not sure I was very successful, but thankfully after a lot of tossing around in bed, I must have fallen back to sleep because I woke up to my 6 a.m. alarm.


I must admit, I wish it were 5 pm and my work day was over and I could just get the call from Dr. Palmer and she would deliver great news and I could rest...

Philippians 4:6 New Living Translation

Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done.

I need to calm it down, to trust, to see You in all this, and to not fear.
Thank you for your Son. Thank you for my life and the gift you gave me in my salvation. Thank you for today. Thank you for my journey that I get to take WITH you because I am a beloved daughter of the Most High King and you will never leave me. Thank you for always being there for me in my fearful moments and for your Word that gets me out of fear. 

No comments: