Blog Archive

Friday, May 27, 2016

Day 21 MRI was a breeze!

My MRI was much easier than I expected. Absolutely no anxiety...thanks to prayer, being faced down in the machine, and Valium. Actually, I don't think I even needed the Valium, but it did give me a nice nap on the drive down to the facility. A friend from church, Lynne Albrecht, who understands what I'm going through, as she is a breast cancer survivor, willingly drove me there since I was drugged.

I will have results from the MRI no later than Tuesday. It will tell me if there are any other areas of cancer in my left breast and even check the right one, just to be sure.

Then it's a waiting game until June 13th when I meet with the oncologists and get the oncotype results to know if I'm a candidate for chemo or not. So between now and then, I choose joy.

It's funny how during the day, I mostly just feel like myself, yet at night, I sometimes wake up feeling a bit paralyzed by fear of the reality of what I am really about to go through in the upcoming months. It's a physical gripping of fear that I need to pray through until I fall asleep. Thankfully, it does not last long and if I cuddle next to John, I am comforted.  My  longest best friend, Kathleen Pippen, sagely reminded me not to get ahead of my diagnosis. Good words that I think of often to calm me.

So now I am going to live life normally with bonfires, friends, laughter, fellowship, and enjoying the gift of feeling well.

I probably won't blog again until I know more  information about the whole cancer process, so don't be surprised if things are quiet for a week or two.

That does not mean stop praying. :) 

No comments: