Blog Archive

Friday, May 13, 2016

Day 7 clarifying for you Cindy Ashby :)

So I  met with Dr. Palmer, a breast surgeon, yesterday and got lots of great information on how she would opt to treat me. She is relatively newer to the hospital and surgery, but comes recommended from someone I trust. Because she is the person my OBGYN recommended, I just went with her at first. However, now that I realize she is fresher out of  followship training and does not have years of experience (although she is purported to be meticulous, board certified, and very good) I definitely think a second opinion with someone more experience, has excellent skills, and is board certified, and well respected in the community is what I'd be more comfortable with.

I am waiting for a call from this second opinion doctor today. Her name is Jennifer B. Manders.

Because she is so well known, it will likely be 1-2 weeks before I can even see her for a second opinion.  Karen, my sis, said that that is not unusual.

No comments: