Blog Archive

Sunday, May 15, 2016

Day 9 Starting My Day Out Right

I woke up around 4:30 am and prayed. I prayed for healing. God is the One who heals,  so I placed my right hand on my left breast and prayed in faith and confidence that this cancer would literally disappear.

And I was given an idea on how I will spend my time through my recovery should God not remove this 'thorn'. I will become more of a prayer warrior for my persecuted brothers and sisters than ever before. I will take my focus off my suffering and circumstance and use my free time to fervently pray for others while I'm healing. God will be victorious either way!

"Isaiah 49:13 Sing for joy, O heavens, and exult, O earth; break forth, O mountains, into singing! For the Lord has comforted his people and will have compassion on his afflicted."

Thankfully, I  fell back asleep for a few hours. I spent the morning visiting with Jonathan's roommate, Kirby. I shared how when someone is so much more aware of that thin veil between life and death, the courage to share the greatest gift of all, salvation through Christ,  is so much easier to do. I don't care if people think I'm too 'religious'. I have a love message for whomever God puts on my heart to share, and I will share. It would be selfish of me not to have the knowledge of the greatest gift in life and not share it.

When Jonathan woke up, we went for a nice walk in his neighborhood and my time with him felt normal. I'm thankful for that. I have no promise of when I'll see him next or in what condition I'll be in, so it was good to just be us.

When I got home tonight from Michigan, I was able to have a nice healthy dinner and John and I spent time in our gazebo while I read over the important facts in my Breast Health binder with him. I think we both have a good grasp on the literature and will await the diagnosis from the biopsy and HER2 tomorrow.

My prayer requests: My cancer was healed, no chemotherapy if not, finding the best doctors, John's health through it all.

Thank you to all my prayer warriors...even those of you who said they don't ever really pray but will now!  Jesus hears you no matter what the outcome. I'm humbled that so many have reached out and showered me with prayer.

No comments: