Blog Archive

Friday, May 13, 2016

Day 7 Feeling Loved

Now that I have met with the first surgeon and have most of the results I need to understand this doctor's plan to treat me, I decided to share with all my family and friends what is happening. Some of you I felt it necessary to visit in person, some via phone, and most are gracious enough to understand my need to send a text and invite them to read my blog. I hope nobody was missed, but feel free to share this if anyone wants to share this after today, it's ok.

Tonight I will see my son, Jonathan, and inform him. I will also be calling the final remaining family and friends that are like family but live out of town. Pray for Jonathan especially. I am not sure how he will receive this news.

My biopsy site feels better this morning.

I am awaiting a call from Dr. Manders office who I hope to meet soon for a second opinion.

I just want to feel like it's a normal Friday, but like my kindred spirited friend, Wendy T., says who works with patients every day, "It's like a shadow is with you now." It's true, it's there and I need to address it. Yet Linda Storrs is right in encouraging me to not identify myself with the words by stating that 'I have cancer', but to iterate that 'the doctors diagnosed me with breast cancer.' Not sure how it will change the cells in my body, but it changes my mindframe.

The confusion is how to best address the diagnosis. So many thoughts swirling around...what about traditional only approach vs alternative treatment? I just want clarity on that.

I realized just how much I want to go to Quetico this September when my outfitter texted me and sent encouraging words, including telling me that she would send me recordings of loons and pictures of sunsets. Flood gate of tears, Kathy Zup. Thank you and I can't wait to see and hear it IN PERSON! Until then, I'll take whatever you send and relish it.

My manna for today  comes from Lynne Albrect: Isaiah 43: 1-3

But now, O Jacob, listen to the Lord who created you.
    O Israel, the one who formed you says,
“Do not be afraid, for I have ransomed you.
    I have called you by name; you are mine. When you go through deep waters,
    I will be with you.
When you go through rivers of difficulty,
    you will not drown.
When you walk through the fire of oppression,
    you will not be burned up;
    the flames will not consume you.For I am the Lord, your God,
    the Holy One of Israel, your Savior.

1 comment:

SB said...

Dear Tricia, My first reaction when I got the news this morning was "Well crap! Another wonderful person and someone I consider a friend has cancer". I've had the day to process and of course it is still bad news, but I feel strongly that you are a cancer SURVIVOR. Your faith, friends, family and inner courage will give you the strength to make it through this tough time. You have been rigorous and (appropriately) aggressive in getting a quick diagnosis and I know you will be equally rigorous in getting the best treatment for you. I have known several women with breast cancer and there isn't just one path to a cure, but you are taking the steps to determine the right steps to your recovery. I truly hate that you have to go through this painful process, but I have faith in your future. I pray you continue to get encouraging information. You are indeed loved and we are all here for you. Sue Baldwin