Blog Archive

Thursday, May 19, 2016

Day 13 Feeling Normal Today, Despite So Much Change

So, not much to report from a breast cancer perspective. I'm just waiting for Friday when I meet with the first of two breast surgeons for a second opinion and then have genetic testing done at Children's Hospital, then meet the first of probably a couple medical oncologists.

I did not even go home last night after work because I spent the night with my little circle of closest friends here in Cincy. Liz Pieniasek, my sweet friend who lost her husband, Jordan, in a fatal motorcycle accident 3 weeks ago, and Brooklyn and Daniel Mesward who are moving back to Colorado this morning. It is crazy that this close-knit circle of friends has dealt with a high-risk pregnancy, two newborns, death of a husband/father/friend, loss of a job, move to another state and cancer all in a few months. Yet we all say, God is good and we pray for peace and understanding.

On top of that, my daughter is having shoulder surgery right now and will be staying with me for a while during healing. So thankful for that closeness to her.

I want to say a heartfelt thank you to everyone who whispers a prayer for me. My heart is full and I am encouraged.

Thanks to Kim C., I will also check with Columbus' best cancer center, The James, for another opinion. Good idea, Kim! That way I can even meet Dr. Julia White, the radiology oncologist my sister, Karen, knows and brags about so highly!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love you friend, praying and admiring your peace in the journey.❤️