Blog Archive

Thursday, July 7, 2016

Day 62 Chemo Recovery Blahs

 Today, I don't really feel like blogging. The reality is that the side effects of chemo make you feel crappy.   My entire day yesterday was spent managing a headache, nausea, fatigue, and hunger. I did get to talk to some friends and family on the phone and FaceTimed which was really nice.  I did have a short burst of energy in the morning and went to try on my wig. My daughter Sarah suggested naming this wig so if anyone has a suggestion, feel free to let me know your thoughts.  At this point all I can tell you is it's long dark brown hair and the official color is cappuccino and the official style name is Brandi.  I'm not much of a "name my wig" kind of a person, but I guess we can try to have fun with this to brighten my day!

 I don't really have much energy this morning to say anything else other than the only thing that's  worth talking about right now is how much I love my mom! Happy birthday Mama!

It's now many hours later and today has been not good.  I've been sick in the bathroom or nauseous or have had a headache the entire day. Unfortunately the antinausea pills make me feel really loopy, but they also knocked me out.  I have had two today and done nothing but sleep for the most part. When I wake up I'm struggling with a headache and feeling like I have the flu.

 Thankfully, my son, Jonathan, stopped by for a little while this morning and made me breakfast before I passed out until around 2 o'clock today. That's when I had to call my neighbor Bonnie, and she was able to come over and save me from dehydration.  I literally can't even get up off the couch due to weakness. I'm so thankful for neighbors!

 Then my friend, Liz, came over and comforted me, got me blankets and made me some sweet potato soup. She's a good friend and I'm thankful she found away today to come visit me.  After she left I simply fell asleep again and probably will lay on the couch until my husband comes home from hockey. I pray tomorrow I'm stronger.

No comments: