Blog Archive

Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Day 75 A really good day considering I had chemo yesterday

 As I sit here on the couch waiting for my antinausea pill to kick in, I'll make a quick report about yesterday's success. I woke up with no headache and feeling great with some good energy. This alone is a miracle. Dr. Roberta McGregor came over  all day and helped clean my house and take care of me. Such a sweet time with her! It made my heart happy when she said she loved to dust. Go for it, Bertie!  My energy levels ebbed and flowed throughout the day and I did have to take some anti-nausea medication which then knocked me out for a couple of hours but compared to the last two chemo treatments, day number two following chemo was pretty spectacular yesterday! It makes me realize that   my chances of going to Jackson Wyoming this Friday are looking very good! My neighbor, Bonnie, came over in the later afternoon and we had a lovely visit followed by Graham and Monica Binder spending the night after helping John with Special Olympics for hockey.

 This morning I woke up again with great energy and feeling really good. After showering and shaving my head baby-butt smooth, I was feeling so good that I decided to tackle cleaning my bathroom and soon realized that it zapped all of my energy. When I got up  from cleaning the floor I got really dizzy and had to lay down. I'm not gonna complain about my low energy and little twinges of  nausea. This is very tolerable for two days after chemo. I'm thankful it's as easy as it is.

 I'm going to lay down now and wait for my care providers to come in today. Thank you everyone for your prayers and support and a special shout out to my cousins Pam and Todd Parmenter for their very generous support of gift! You guys are amazing! God is awesome!!

No comments: