Blog Archive

Saturday, July 9, 2016

Day 64 Alex Came To Visit Me From California!

If you read my 4 a.m. post, I obviously had a rough night.

Today I had the joy of my Chinese son, Alex Yan, come to visit me from San Jose, CA. It's so wonderful spending time with people who live so far away and I only see every year or two and knowing that he flew here just to see me!  Unfortunately, his wife, Rita, couldn't come because they will have a baby in a week or two!

I thought I would feel back to normal by the afternoon, based on how I felt last time with chemo, but I'm not quite back to my old self. I did sleep and lay around quite a bit today and felt that chemo brain sensation that just feels wrong. Good thing is I did eat my first big meal tonight. John grilled halibut and we got to enjoy a family dinner with Sarah and Connor with Alex!

As for my heart, it's better. Sarah sent me some awesome scriptures that I pondered and it gave me perspective and reminded me of the importance of keeping my mind stayed on God's Word so I have the Truth before me instead of letting my emotions and fears get the best of me.

Now I'm going to bed with the hope that tomorrow will be even better!

No comments: