Blog Archive

Sunday, July 17, 2016

Day 72 Making The Most of Feeling Well Before Monday

I will state that when I feel like I have for the past several days, which is wonderful, I struggle to know if it's worth blogging because sometimes I think it's easier to focus on the negative side effects of cancer ie. nausea, treatment, needing help, etc. But then I remind myself that days like these are what I dream of! All week long I  wait to feel physically well and I need to share that that is part of my journey, too, and the part I'm so thankful for. So I can report that yesterday held all good things again.

I do seemed to think about Quetico quite a bit. This sacred place in Ontario, Canada is where John and I wilderness camp every year. As I am palpably aware that I cannot go this year, I have surrounded myself with memories of it yesterday and today. Last night John and I read two articles in the coveted Boundary Waters Journal magazine we get every quarter. http://www.boundarywatersjournal.com/

We looked at our pictures from last year while relaxing in our gazebo and listened to the water feature that sounds like a waterfall and reminisced about the trip and relived through the videos I took and the plethora of photos I obnoxiously took while we were there. I am absolutely not sorry for 'just one more picture'.

And to top it off this morning, now that we have had breakfast and John has read Scripture to me and we have spent time praying, John and I are dressed and ready to hop in our tandem kayak to paddle Caesar's Creek. Paddling on rivers, streams, and lakes is as close to Quetico as I will get this year. I even am wearing a typical outfit, earrings, and camp bandana that I take with me to Quetico and listening to loon sounds on my computer. We were saying that this is the time of year that we would be feverishly dehydrating food, vacuum-sealing meals, packing our gear and checking our multiple lists to get ready for our September trip of a lifetime. I go to Zup's Outfitter's Facebook page and look at the photos Kathy Zup posts to vicariously live through people there right now who are catching 3-4 lb small mouth bass. http://zupsresort.com/

We have a fun-filled day planned on this last day before my #3 round of chemo. (Ugh...even typing it makes my stomach churn). We will go to Victoria Theatre and watch one of their cool summer series films with the Binder gang, then have Mike and Andrea Moorehead over for dinner.

On a prayerful note, I am continuing to for Deb's recovery from her biopsy and my friend, L.S., as she seeks the Lord for direction about a heavy heart.




No comments: