Blog Archive

Thursday, July 28, 2016

Day 82 and Day 83 Low Key Still But Feeling Really Good

I went to bed yesterday realizing that I did not even think of blogging about anything because I really had nothing too concerning regarding cancer to report. PTL! However, I did have another very uneventful day, which was lovely.

I stayed at our friend's house the entire day but felt good. I realized that I had more dairy when we first got here than I usually have and that may have been a part of my tummy upset because 2 days ago I decided to lay off the dairy and noticed how much better I felt. Then yesterday morning we made Chugwater Chili and of course, I put a big dollop of sour cream on it. Within 5 minutes I felt unwell and needed to lay down. After an hour's nap, I woke up and was better. Hmmm. I definitely think it's the dairy, so I will lay off until my GI is better.

Linda and I went through John's laptop's photos of our trip to Quetico in 2015 and China in 2013 as our afternoon entertainment.

John came home after another long day meeting with builders and architects and wow! he had a hugely successful day! Once builder even gave him a set of blueprints to made a bid on a staircase that they are doing right now! Another builder texted him after his presentation and told him how impressed everyone at their senior staff meeting was with him and his professionalism and they can't wait to work with him. This is a huge answer to prayer! Now we just need to let things unfold.

In the evening, John grilled us all dinner and then we retired to their campfire area 10 feet away from the Snake River and we talked and sipped peppermint tea and listened to the river's flow. How beautiful, once again!

Today, I think I should be feeling well enough to go out on a little adventure. While John continues to meet with more builders and project managers in Wilson, WY, Burr, Linda, and I are going in to town to take the chair lift up Snow King Mountain and walk around a little bit.

One really exciting gift I just received news about is my other friend here in Jackson, Margaret Breffeilh whom I used to work with in Chicago at a dental office, IL, got ahold of me and we will get together this Sunday!  The treat is this...she owns her own hot air balloon and is part owner of the only hot air balloon company in Jackson...she offered to take John and I up on a ride Sunday morning! I decided I'm not going to tell John, but just say we are meeting Margaret early Sunday (6:15 a.m.) for breakfast because she has to be somewhere. Then I can't wait to see his face when I tell him she is taking us up in a hot air balloon! God is so good to us!


No comments: