Blog Archive

Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Day 81 Peaceful Day and Still Recovering from the Chemo (sad face)

Thank you to all my friends and family who sent me private and Facebook messages encouraging me from yesterday's upset. I am humbled by your kindness and love and even one who went above and beyond to make a second huge donation to my www.gofundme.com/triciawonderly account! Lee Doll is a patient of mine and has generously gifted me again. Please take a minute and look her up on Facebook 'Lee Doll Ministries'. She has a huge God story to tell and I hope everyone gets a minute to know her story.

Starting out this morning at 2 a.m., I woke to the most brilliant moon shining into our bedroom. The air here at night is a cool 45 degrees and the Snake River flows 75 yards from the house and our bedroom looks directly on it, so when the light of the moon is as radiant as it gets here, it's something to behold! I do have to sleep with a hat on because we sleep with the window cracked and 45 degrees makes for goose bumps on my scalp! Thankfully, it warms up to 80s in the day.

Also, I need to always keep a snack next to my bed, as I wake up starving and if I don't feed the monster, I get chemo brain and nausea pretty fast.

When we woke up, John left for the day to meet with more builders and architects in Jackson and had a very successful day! Praise God...He was even asked by one of the largest home builders in town to do a presentation at 7 a.m. to all their senior partners and project managers to talk about what John Wonderly Architectural Woodworking is all about. He said that they have looked at his website: www.wonderlywoodworking.com and are fascinated by his work! This was such great news!

I, on the other hand, couldn't really go anywhere all day as I had dumb chemo brain feeling off and on throughout the day. But I pressed through and Linda and I did do a really interesting Bible study for almost 2 hours. One of the side effects of this chemo that is pretty consistent but I forgot to mention is the taste of metal in my mouth most of the time.

Finally, I felt well enough to go to the grocery store and we got dinner and came home to grill out. The sunny 75 degree evening was delicious to sit outside and watch the hummingbirds dive bomb each other as they fight for a sip of the nectar Linda makes.

All in all, an uneventful day, which is exactly what I needed. I will say that I did expect to feel better by now on this trip, but it's better to be here feeling a little chemo brain than sitting in Ohio without John feeling a little chemo brain. No regrets in coming out here! This place is stunning.  Hopefully, by the end of the week, I will feel well enough to float down the river in an inflatable or take the tram to the top of the Tetons and look out onto the valley.

Again, thank you dearest loved ones for your encouragement and support!

No comments: