Blog Archive

Friday, July 15, 2016

Day 70 Sunshine On My Shoulders

Yesterday was a wonderful, uneventful, normal, delightful day...finally!

To say I had no side-effects of the chemo would be untrue as I did have to spend much time in my bathroom leaning over my sink, rubbing my hands on my balding head to help along the stubble detachment process, otherwise, every time I turned my head, there were hairs falling on what I ate, where I sat, and over what I cooked. I decided to expedite the process by continuously rubbing and rubbing, round and round, like a crystal ball, my cute little shaped head! While there is still fine stubble, the majority of my head is sans cheveux. (So much more beautiful to say it that way :) But other than that, I had energy, ate well, desired activity, drove all the way to West Chester by myself to visit Josh and Tiffany Lenon, my pastor and his wife, and had impromptu surprise visitors, Jen Dollenmeyer and Brian Rhodus,  to hang with in my gazebo last night.

I am continuously amazed at the outpouring of people's love and kindness to me, even people I don't know! From getting offers to help me when I'm my sickest to receiving cards, phone calls and unexpected extravagant gifts. For instance, yesterday, I got the mail (it was glorious to be able to walk to the mailbox and have the warm sunshine on my skin...oh the little things) and there was a box with my name on it with a letter and gift from one of my son's high school friend's mom! I can't remember if I've ever even met her, but she has been keeping up with my blog because my son posted about my breast cancer. God moved her heart to share her hand-made natural soaps, plus as much as I will need during my healing, and a special scented whipped shea butter & neem balm that will soothe my head and help heal my wounds as I get surgery and radiation. Who does that?! I really need to remember these random acts of kindness and the amazing generosity of strangers and become more like them. It moved me to tears to see how people I don't even know are praying for me and sending me beautiful gifts. Thank you, Ann Post! By the way, I think she has a website that you can check out...these are especially beautiful soaps and my overly rubbed head thanks you for the Whipped Neem Balm! It's truly appreciated, Ann. 
www.annmadesoap.com

More sunshine talk...I  felt well enough to drive as much as I wanted to yesterday, so I ran an errand for my hubs in Centerville, shopped at a local roadside veggie/fruit stand, Treadways, and bought some fresh  summer tomatoes, cukes, and peppers. Oh, I love it when food looks and tastes so delicious! And I drove all the way to a friends last night without getting dizzy! While driving home, I loudly played my John Denver CD and sang even louder every song. When Sunshine On  My Shoulders began, I couldn't help but think how lovely it truly is to be alive and well enough to enjoy sunshine and  tears flowed down my face with thankfulness. I'm sure anyone seeing me cry with my bald head might have thought I was sad, but no...these were tears of such joy and gratitude for the little things in my life.








1 comment:

Ann Post said...

Tricia,
You are welcome! I'm so glad it brightened your day! God is good!!