Blog Archive

Sunday, July 31, 2016

Day 86 Final Day Of Jackson Vacation

Today is coming to a close as we are packed and ready for a very early morning back home.

We were supposed to go up in my friend's hot air balloon today, but after the balloons were half inflated and everyone was getting excited about going up, Margaret said that the weather coming in unexpectedly looked unsafe to fly, so everyone's trip was canceled. The funny thing was, we saw another double rainbow over the balloons! Others were disappointed, but I was very thankful they are so cautious, especially in light of the fact that just yesterday the worst US history hot air balloon accident killed 16 people. I'm perfectly fine not taking chances. But we did get to help the crew fold up the balloons and then we all went out to breakfast. Afterward, Margaret's uncle, Andy Breffeilh, said that the weather cleared so nicely shortly after the balloons were put away, that he really wanted to get up in the sky. But instead of ballooning, he asked me if I wanted to go up in his motorized glider! A couple hours later, I was flying in a 2 seater glider next to the Tetons. We did not stay up long at all though because he felt like the engine was getting too hot from waiting on the tarmac too long for the commercial jets. Again, I am most grateful for his safety concerns.

It was another hot day here in the Jackson Hole valley and after being outside for hours and on a hot tarmac waiting for our turn to lift off, I admit, I was getting a bit overheated. When we got home, I slept and felt a bit woozy. After hydrating and napping, I was fine. I have to be very careful about staying hydrated and I have enjoyed using my glass water bottle every day along with sleeping with the softest blanket every night that I got from my step daughter, Kasey.

We had a pleasant evening with Linda and Burr and now are packed and ready to head home.

What an amazing 10 days! Playing and resting with friends, realizing potential new work contacts for John, meeting Dr. Mary Neal, and 2 days of double rainbows...it's been a restful time.

I am a little worried that I may not have all the people lined up next week after my chemo treatment, but I trust the Lord will provide exactly what I need.  I also admit that I have some anxiety about Tuesday's treatment. It makes my stomach sick to think of it and how it will make me feel.  I will try not to think about it and distractions do help!

Thank you for all my dear friends who have wished me a great respite and for all who have supported me on this one an only trip I'll see in the next year. It's been a huge blessing on many levels. We take off super early tomorrow morning and will be home in the afternoon.

No comments: