Blog Archive

Friday, August 19, 2022

Beauty Everywhere

Immediately after creating my post last night, that blasted Chemo diarrhea hit with a vengeance so unfortunately that required me to wake up every two hours from 10:30 PM until 6:30 AM in order to take Imodium. Hence, not a very restful night’s sleep last night. Thankfully the Imodium is very effective and my biggest concern today was staying hydrated. Other than that it’s no big deal… Just a bit of a nuisance when it hits in the middle of the night and it requires me to wake up for medication so often.

I spent my morning organizing several boxes that I needed to pack up in order to be shipped to my daughter and son-in-law in Florida.

Really today was an uneventful day as I decided it wouldn’t be wise to go mountain biking. I headed over to Liz’s house and helped Zoey finish her adorable little chair that we refurbished together. 


Jake and Liz grow zinnia and sunflowers to sell at their personal flower stand at their farm. My friend Doni O did stop by for a tour of the gardens and a bucket full of flowers for her high tea tomorrow! And check out this rare, beautiful and unique Sunflower!! I don’t know its name But yes, it’s black!





I was invited to dinner there where we had yet another farm to table delicious meal with the freshest of veggies from their garden. 

Other than that there isn’t much to report except that the red sores I developed on my legs this time after chemo seem to be healing somewhat, but a few others have popped up in addition to those. Painful little buggars.  

And here’s a marketing plug for flushable wipes I recently discovered! When one has diarrhea as often as I do, there are a few products that I’ve found work very nicely so I thought I’d pass it on. We used to use the Cottonelle flushable wipes but these are my new favorite. 


On the fun side, my sisters are preparing for my daughters 2nd baby shower so I’ve had to find baby photos and videos for them. I’ll share one of my favorites of Sarah from 1992!!



No comments: