Blog Archive

Friday, August 26, 2022

Chemo Day #5

Up early because of steroids…like 4 a.m.! Then headed for Chemo Day #5 at The James. God gave me a beautiful sunrise to start the day! 

I’m so deeply thankful that getting the port accessed, getting the chemo drugs and getting de-ported was truly all painless and rather enjoyable to chat with nurses and Dr Sudheendra before the infusion. I realize more and more just how amazing and unbelievable this all is!! 


I was profoundly moved and saddened this morning at Chemo when a woman sitting next to me shared that she’s having breast surgery in a couple weeks and her husband won’t change his work schedule to help her and her mother is too old to help much and she doesn’t have any dependable friends she’s comfortable asking to help. It made me realize just how very blessed I am having hundreds of people praying for me and dozens who have helped me on this journey. So filled with Gratitude once again. 

Afterwards, I really wanted to hike and I stayed local to hike at Patricia Allyn Park where my bench is located. My new friends, Jodie and Angel Carl (who built me the bench), met me there! Carl walked a foot in front of us to wave a branch so the spider webs would not stick to us. We joked that he was the servant waving and fanning the Cleo-patras! I just love to see God’s handy work once again in bringing amazing people into my life. 


There’s so much more I’m thankful for today but thankfully I’m getting sleepy and can’t write much more… but to name a few, I received a card and gift for my daughter’s baby from cousin LuEllyn and a card from my uncle Frank and multiple hugs and such warm reception from several at John’s hockey league, and an overwhelming response of more than 1,150 responses on a Facebook page called Mountain Biking Ladies as I posted about my phenomenal 3 Days with Brenda! 

3 comments:

Patti Dematteis said...

❤️ you are such a trooper!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pic with beautiful people ! So special how they came into your life 🥰 love mom

Anonymous said...

Poor lady. I remember when I had to Uber to surgery and then pay the dog sitter to come pick me up after bladder suspension surgery! Men argh