Blog Archive

Sunday, August 14, 2022

Church in the Woods

Up at the crack of dawn in order to beat the rain and hit the trails early. I was looking forward to being energetic enough to get back on my mountain bike after the chemo blahs and today was The day. I love flowy green trails in the woods where I can ride solo and belt out the Gratitude song while worshipping. John and Trace took other trails since they go faster and I really just needed time to pace myself and be present with God and my bike. I didn’t do anything crazy, just rode the trail, Abracadabra, and 1/4 of Great Scott and jumped on Frankenlight…riding it in the wrong direction knowing we were the only ones out riding and I could meet up with John and Trace on that trail. I did see a big Tom Turkey on my ride. 


Afterwards I got home and did nap a few times in the afternoon and had a low key day.  Felt great all day, just a bit more tired. But I’ll take it! 

I made sea bass and a Mediterranean salad with farm fresh veggies then went to bed early.  Hoping this upcoming week I’ll regain more and more energy every day. 

As for those sores on my legs I mentioned yesterday, they are still red and sore with a few more erupting on my legs but I’m chalking it up to my normal chemo skin lesions and they’ll go away. 


Physically I feel more bloated than I think I normally do & I’m not sure why?? Maybe chemo?? Also for the past several days I have noticed my eyes twitching like a little muscle spasm. Again, Chemo related?? Probably and I’ll mention to my med onc this week. And I’m getting more and more hair loss. Plus this week I’ve noticed my eyebrows are really thinning but that’s where I just throw make up on my eyebrows and know it will grow back someday. 


No comments: