Blog Archive

Saturday, August 20, 2022

W I N D O W S in!

Two things to say for today…

Mountain biking with Carol again & WE HAVE WINDOWS!

Carol recently got her first mountain bike at age 62 (shhh, don’t tell anyone)! She already plays ice hockey plus numerous other activities, so it’s obvious she’s physically active! But for some reason because I went out with her the first two times she ever rode a mountain bike and gave her some pointers, she says I’m HER mountain biking coach!! I love it!! So much fun! I’ll need to up my coaching skills! 



After biking we spent the rest of the day at John’s shop installing the WonderVan windows. He cut the holes last weekend and today we got one step closer to living the Van Life. We placed 4 Arctic Tern windows that fit perfectly! Woohoo!



Other than gaining 6 lbs in the past 4 months, thanks to steroids, today I felt physically great! Regardless of what the doctors say is my diagnosis, I keep saying that if it weren’t for the side effects of chemo that I’ve shared about in the past posts, I wouldn’t even know that I have this crazy diagnosis! That’s my miracle for sure! Again, thank you everyone for any prayers of healing!

Speaking of miracles, tonight I had another one! One of my dearest friends, Brooklyn, shared about a weekend in October that her hubby will be gone hunting elk, so I had the idea of visiting and helping with kiddos and some having girl time. At first I was concerned about the cost of tickets at that time of the year to Colorado. Then as I looked up the cost on Delta, the website asked me if I wanted to use my e-credits. I didn’t even realize I had any e-credits. But it paid 100% of my flight save for trip insurance, so besides the $27 for that, my flight is free!! Million little miracles!! God is so, so good!

No comments: