Blog Archive

Wednesday, August 31, 2022

Rockford Arrival

I made it!!

I made it upstairs this morning to our bedroom after sleeping on my couch to apologize to my gracious hubby. 

I made it out the door by 10 am to drive 6.5 hours to Rockford, Illinois for my son in law and daughter’s next baby shower!



I made it to Rockford without getting sleepy or having any chemo diarrhea while driving. Yay! Side note: another small side effect started today that I noticed in the past where my voice is starting to sound raspy when I talk.



I made it half way through an audiobook that is one of the best books I’ve read in a LONG, LONG time! It’s Nonviolent Communication by Marshall Rosenberg! Oh if I only heard/read this book 30+ years ago!! Listen free on Hoopla or get it on audible! A must read in my opinion! 

I made it! And I’m grateful. 

Now to bed where I’m hoping the next 2 days will feel more normal and the chemo fatigue will be mitigated by more steroids. 


No comments: