Blog Archive

Monday, August 15, 2022

Monday, Monday

Woke up feeling very bloated this morning. Weighed 2 lbs heavier than my normal. Plus my abdomen just looks swollen. Something’s wrong with that scenario. Need to keep an eye on it. 

I must confess that I wasted over an hour of my precious life looking at stupid TikTok videos this morning. May that never happen again! Ugh! I then decided to live according to Brother Lawrence’s wisdom and let go of anything that doesn’t draw me closer to God. So I opened to the book of Hebrews and saturated my mind with His sweet Word that filled me up with pleasant satisfaction. I’m profoundly thankful that a love for reading scripture has been renewed since my diagnosis. 

While push mowing the grass a little later this morning I noticed myself feeling unusually a bit more winded. It was reminiscent of having to catch my breath like back in May. I surrendered my health and thoughts to the Lord and was reminded that I’m not taking any breath for granted and am thankful that while it’s today and I can breathe, I’m grateful. So I continued cutting the grass with a joyful mindset and thanked God for the ability to push the mower. 

After taking a short nap, I decided it was time to get outside and move my body. Biking seemed like too much for my energy level so I went for a hike at Patricia Allyn/Hoffmann Reserve instead where I discovered a dry waterfall, soaked in the fresh scent of newly cut hay, prayed at my bench & skulked around on random paths that might or might not have been real trails. All the while, I sang my daily song of worship, Gratitude, yes, again and again! I walked secretly along raising my hands with my heart so full!






Then tonight John and I worked on the WonderVan and he cut the first hole in the metal side wall for one of four windows he’s adding!! This is very exciting! The promise and hope for tomorrow is always something the van reminds me of. 



No comments: