Blog Archive

Tuesday, August 9, 2022

A Perfectly Regular Amazing Day

Tuesday began with a Cuban cortadito! At 6:30 a.m. I got to my friend Liz’ house and we sat on her front porch, rocked in chairs while praying, simply talking about life and seeing how God delivers new mercies every day. 

I had the privilege of spending the morning with her truly beautiful daughter, LillyMae, at my house as we worked a refurbishing project. God showed us how yesterday’s mountain bike ride could expand into yet another activity. As we drove to the trails these gunky, old stained chairs were on a curbside calling out LilyMae’s name. So we snatched them up and scored Pinterest to come up with ideas. And this morning we began the process of refurbishing. 



Following the deconstruction we made Vietmanese spring rolls for the first time with farm fresh veggies and a peanut sauce. 
We followed lunch with yet more Brother Lawrence’s book, Practicing God’s Presence. Whew!! I want to meet this man! His conversational November 1667 letter. A must read for me!

Then my afternoon and entire evening was filled to overflowing as I sat, walked and talked in the presence of my very amazingly regular friend, Lynn. Our story began 5 years ago in a grocery store bathroom in the most peculiar way and has been peculiar, special, sacred and treasured ever since. I finally got to bring her to my Angel Carl bench and in typical fashion, God showed up with a million little miracles ALL day long! Jody, a dear friend of Carl’s, just happened to be out walking at the same exact time and place (this happens almost every time) and was our fearless leader into the west slippery woods where she bit the ground hard but assured us of our own steps as we traversed a mini boreal paradise. Then off to THE bench for more of the soaking in all God had in store. Sisterhood, perspective shifts, monarch butterflies, and holding hands with a soul that loves me deeply and who chooses to be one of the most open and real women I know. 


I often think that my “feeling great” leads to just a regular kind of day and wonder why anyone would take time from their own regular kind of day to read my blog. Lynn reminded me of the gift she receives from it, so for her and anyone reading, I thank you for seeing me, listening to my day to day nuances, and watching God continue performing His modern day miracles in my life, often done through you!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is your cousin Karen Key Jones from TX - been reading your posts and seeing what an amazing, Godly woman you are - also been praying for you and your family - so glad you got to go to FL and that you are going to be a grandmother - and Barb to be a great grandmother - keep up the good work and may our LORD and Savior bless you with stamina and the ability to kick the cancer completely out of your body - prayers from TX will continue 😊 ❤️

Zoey said...

Love, love, love this! Thank you for inviting me into this journey with you! I am always here for you!!

Anonymous said...

My heart is still overflowing 24 hours later, my dear friend. I told Doug….I was with “Everyone” yesterday. Not just Tricia. Whole. No separation. Deep clarity. Freedom. A deep place of knowing. A place I want to LIVE. And you, my friend….awaken a love in me that is unmistakable. Unconditional. Extraordinary AND Regular. πŸ˜‚For myself and for ALL OF LIFE! Love you eternally! And thanks for teaching me to eat dessert FIRST….and always by a waterfall. 😘

Anonymous said...

You are giving show much more than you will ever know through sharing your journey! I read because I want to be with in this together with you regardless of the 5000miles and ocean between us. Love and Prayers!

Anonymous said...

Argh - excuse typos from my foreign keyboard