Blog Archive

Thursday, August 11, 2022

May Day

My day. 


Although I am not nauseous…the fatigue (napped for 6 hours today), chemo brain thinking, chemo diarrhea, metal taste in my mouth and some tissue changes that caused the thinning skin around my mouth and in my nose today have helped me to be so grateful for days that don’t feel like I do at the present. 

Not that it’s awful, because it’s not. It’s just that I don’t feel myself and I’m looking forward to tomorrow and hopefully things will start looking and feeling normal again especially in my energy and chemo fog brain. Let’s hope so because I have a big weekend with my daughter’s 1st baby shower!

The last time I had chemo, on this day five days post infusion was much worse, however, it definitely felt like side effects were kicked in then! The extra day of steroids may have helped me not feel quite so gross today, but evidently day five is the day that I shouldn’t plan much of anything.

The beauty of this day can’t be overlooked though! 

1. I’m alive! 

2. One of my sweetest relationships was restored after a couple weeks off! 

3. The weather is picture perfect! 

4. My soft pink and salmon colored zinnia are a delicate reminder of God’s presence that’s always available to me in His creative beauty. Always. I just need to look.  

5. Tonight I’m so thankful for treasured friends whom we haven’t seen in a long time and I finally got to meet their sweet baby who is as smiley and cuddly as this lady needed tonight. So grateful they didn’t have any high expectations from me as my energy was very low but I couldn’t miss an opportunity to be with them tonight. This dear lady is the one who introduced me to the song Million Little Miracles. Who knew how much I’d cling to those lyrics in the past 4 months! 






No comments: