Blog Archive

Wednesday, August 31, 2022

Sleep Deprivation Got To Me AND God Is Gracious

My night Monday night didn’t end until after 2 am on Tuesday due to those very effective steroids! I know my tossing and turning would have kept John awake so I grabbed my newest silky and lovely Blissy pillowcased feather pillow named Cloud and headed to the living room couch! The beauty of it was having an awake enough feeling that when my Korean daughter, Jumi, was awake on her side of the world, I got to talk and pray with her for about an hour!! I’m so proud of this young, godly woman!



What a gift the steroids were to me last night! Then I hung up and prayed that I would feel sleepy. Thankfully, with the help of this Pandora station called Sleep Sounds of Nature, Relaxing…I got some rest for 4 hours on the couch. 


It’s now 5:15 am on Wednesday and I realized I never finished my blog last night so here’sa quick update. 

Yesterday (Tuesday) felt a lot calmer in my brain from the steroids. Not as much jittery feeling. Although today I’m very aware that my vision is a bit blurred even with my glasses on!! 

I went with a friend to her dental appointment Tuesday morning and got to see some of my favorite former coworkers. Love those smiling faces!!

Then I had the joy of spending my afternoon with a dear friend, Lynn, who allowed me to graciously konk out on her sofa to nap because the 3 hours of sleep finally caught up to me right in the middle of a conversation!

We spent the afternoon together and talked about deep things about life, faith, and just how amazing it is to be aware and present with how God works in us, for us, with us, through us every day! We stood amazed at the Million Little Miracles we’ve both experienced IF we just look! Thank you for sharing your day after your birthday with me! I feel loved, seen and understood by you in a very unique, profound real way that’s different than any friend I have and I thank God for giving you life at the same time I’m here to know you!!

And I’m happy you loved my Pistachio Matcha Latte! 



As for chemo stuff, let’s just say the Imodium is helpful to have on hand. I also may be a little more touchy (if you ask my hubby) due to my lack of sleep. Last night I hit a wall over a simple conversation and my brain shut down, my emotions went unchecked and I failed at healthy communication with the most adoring hubby I know! Thankfully he accepts apologies graciously so when I get up of the couch where I slept, I’ll talk it through and ask for forgiveness. Three hours of sleep was not enough! And I’m very glad my body slept in until 4 am today! 

Last Sunday at church God impressed on me from James chapter 4. Looks like I need to re-read it and remember. Thankfully God is gracious and knows my weaknesses AND doesn’t give up on me but gently nudged me back to Him. 





No comments: