Blog Archive

Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Day 26 Another MRI needed!

I am so thankful that yesterday's results were unchanged from the previous biopsy report, and no new undiscovered breast cancer is involved!

However, I have struggled with lower back pain for over a year where I have felt a nodule there that is tender and my back has ached for too long. Doctors have said it's weakness in my core that is causing soreness so I assumed they were right. Now that I have been given a positive diagnosis by the doctors for lymph node cancer...it makes me wonder if there is more going on than just in the breast, so I went to the orthopedic doctor yesterday regarding my torn rotator cuff and the pain associated with it. He agreed that I could have a cortisone shot in my shoulder a couple weeks before my breast surgery to help with the surgery and following recovery. While there I asked him to palpate that spot on my back to see if he had concerns. He said that he does not think it's a lymph node and would not assume it has anything to do with the breast cancer, but he agreed that he does not know what it is and wants me to have another MRI to find out what it is. So Friday morning at 7 a.m., I will drag myself  into that dreaded tube again. This time I will be doing it sans Valium because I need to drive myself and go to work afterwards.

I also was referred to Dr. Glen Aukerman in Lima, Ohio and am taking his first open appointment on JULY 21!! He is an integrative doctor and will work with me on the best nutrition and supplementation during any other treatment I will be undergoing. Thanks to Phil and Sandy C. for recommending him.

No comments: