Blog Archive

Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Day 53 Started a fundraiser...how uncomfortable!

Today I will say that I felt physically much, much better than last night. No back pain! Some decent energy! Therefore, I have spent the entire day researching cancer support groups, cancer side-effects and remedies, talked to cancer survivors, talked to friends, confirmed my wig order, and very little time has been spent on eating, resting, and sleeping.

It literally took me 3 hours to put together a gofundme.com account. My new contact from a local organization, Pink Ribbon Girls, called and was very encouraging and suggested I do everything I can to prepare for this upcoming difficult battle as she is a cancer survivor, herself. Thankfully, the organization offers rides, meals, and support groups that I hope to take advantage of soon.  As for the financial situation, I guess it is not in my nature to feel like asking people to serve me as I haven't needed financial help in my adult life. If I could just hit 'delete' on my cancer, I would, but this is a journey's walk, I must take one step at a time until it's finished.

So if you happened to see my https://www.gofundme.com/triciawonderly account, and were put off by it, please accept my apology, I don't mean to offend anyone. There are so many others with much worse situations out there, believe me, I know! However, I am going to be open-minded about it and just let it be what it is. Yes, I do have some savings which we are living off of now, thankfully. And in 3 months, I will have some long term disability monies help, too. But after talking to a few cancer survivors, I need to be realistic and I'll need more if I'm not working for a year.

Ok...I've been on this computer for HOURS! I'm turning it off, getting out my audioBible and chilling for a couple hours. God's Word needs to fill my mind now as I have choked it on cancer talk all day!


No comments: