Blog Archive

Friday, June 10, 2016

Day 35 Three Test Results And A Funeral

Today started with a gynecology appointment that went very well. I had a couple bumps that concerned me and the doctor assured me that they were absolutely nothing to be concerned about. Whew! When doctors give you have a cancer diagnosis...everything  scares you.

Next, the orthopedic doctor was willing to call me to give me my MRI results (which were online already anyway) and tell me that the lump on my lower back is not anything to worry about either, but just a fatty lump and if it caused me trouble, I could have it removed. Interesting note is that my dad and sister, Paula, supposedly have the same thing!

Lastly and probably the BIGGEST news medically is that my genetic testing for BRCA 1/2 (breast cancer gene mutation), was NEGATIVE!!!! This means that when I do have surgery, I will not need that double mastectomy or ovaries removed!  It also means that my children, sisters, and nieces and nephew don't have to randomly get tested for it, at least not from the Markise side of things. This is excellent news and ANSWER TO PRAYER!!

A great scheduling opportunity came up today as well. The doctor in Lima, Ohio who does nutrigenomics that I really wanted to see before all my treatment was able to move my appointment from July 21 to this Monday, June 13!!! THIS IS ANOTHER ANSWER TO PRAYER for me as I was really wanting to see this Dr. Aukerman. Because they could get me in, I did cancel Dr. Darnell, the first medical oncologist for Monday. I planned on going to Dr. Cody anyway, but just wanted to hear that second opinion. Now, I'll just stick to the one oncologist and be done with it. I still see him Monday at 4:40 pm.

Then the emotional part of my day was going to Spring Grove Cemetery and viewing Liz placing her beloved husband, Jordan Pieniasek's, ashes in the ground. This time with a small group of Jordan's family and friends was perfectly orchestrated with a steady rain and claps of thunder. It was as if the entire sky was crying with us. Words won't really do it justice to explain the moment in time when we gathered to say final goodbye's to Jordan. Michael Cassinari sang Liz the song Jordan was learning to sing to her as today was Liz and Jordan's 10th wedding anniversary. Liz invited everyone to feel free to place something in the space in the ground by his ashes that has meaning. I gave something that was symbolic for me as well as many people giving love notes, photos, and various memorabilia.

Tonight we had a lovely evening getting to know the Fieldens from Red Door Church. It was good, good, ooowhoaoo.

A quick call from my girl, Sarah Jean and I'm hitting the sack. Won't be long and this weekend will be over, then on to the big day on Monday.

Pray for the decision to have the most effective treatment to be clear to me and my team of doctors. It's still my hope that I will find a way to go on my wilderness camping trips to Wyoming and Canada in July and September!

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

Wonderful that Sarah etc. doesn't have to fear this and you get to keep your body in tact! Praise our blessed Lord