Blog Archive

Friday, June 24, 2016

Day 49 The Best Day Post Chemo Yet!

Today has been the most productive, the least queezy, the least sleepy, and the most energetic I've felt since Monday when the chemo poured into my veins!

Started my day out praying with Liz. She is experiencing being on her very own for a couple days without kids since Jordan died. These are difficult days for my dear friend.

I did sleep in until 9:30 am (unheard of in my non-chemo life!), and was a little lazy in the morning. But I was able to get a couple loads of laundry done and then the Miracle Crew showed up! My mom and one of my sisters drove down from Illinois to  mop, vacuum, mow, weed, wash, scrub, dust, vacuum, organize, cook, shop, throw away, declutter and generally clean my entire house, top to bottom! Someone must have given them caffiene because they were like tornados in my house for hours today and it's amazing how hard they clean and how helpful they were! My brain is so much better to have it look like this! We even got to shop at Dorothy Lane Market for some evening fun! And the best thing, was I did not nap or feel the need to nap all afternoon! I actually feel pretty normal, considering. It is the very best I've felt all week!

I am very thankful for this improvement and hope it allows me to work a little between chemo sessions in order to keep my self insured and active. I won't do dental hygiene due to immune suppression issues, but hopefully, I will be able to do something at the office. I'll find out tomorrow when I meet with my boss. He's pretty amazing, so I know he will do everything he can to help me through this crazy situation.




No comments: