Blog Archive

Saturday, June 25, 2016

DAY 50!!! Today I Was Given A Gift By My Boss!

It's Day 50 since all this breast cancer talk started to be normal conversation in my life and today I was not only energetic, I was also given a gift by my amazing boss! Dr. Eric Henize, is first a friend, and after that, an amazing dentist and even more...a compassionate human who loves God and is displaying that through me!

With all this chemotherapy and my upcoming surgeries, I really don't know how long until I can practice as a dental hygienist again for him (possibly a year?), but he came by my house today, brought me beautiful flowers and a card from his family and we visited for almost an hour. He wanted to assure me that I would have a job with him whenever I return AND he offered to continue paying for my medical insurance like before, which will be thousands of dollars in a year! YES! He gifted me this generously without hesitation, other than to say he wished he could do even more!

I am so blessed, so blessed! God is so good. Answered prayer! Rejoice...answered prayer!!

Additionally, I was able to feel energetic all day and cooked, grocery shopped, and visited with my sister, Paula, and mom as if I wasn't even dealing with Chemo drugs.

They bought me a huge perennial plant today that will bloom in the spring when my cancer treatment and shoulder surgery will all be done!

And today, I found some super cute turbans online and my friend, Tina Morris, is working on getting some made for me!  I actually am excited to get them!  If you want to check some out, look on my facebook page today or go to www.turbandiva.com!!

Sleep should come easily tonight as I have been up since 4 am.

Can't wait for John to come home tomorrow to tell me all about Special Olympics State Meet in Columbus, OH. I had to miss it this year, but my daughter, Sarah, and our dear friends, Monica and Graham went with him and I'm sure they fell in love with the most loving people on earth!

Listening to Pandora right now...How Great Thou Art by David Nevue on his album, Adoration. Beautiful piano piece. It warms my heart.

No comments: