Blog Archive

Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Still Day 46 Part 2 Blogging Too Late

This will be short and sweet.

Woke up with no nausea and only a mild headache that went away after eating. Pretty much felt this way all day except for more tiredness which was probably from a combination of driving to Hamilton, OH (1 hr away) and to Blue Ash, OH (another 45 min away) to bring Sarah to an eye and dental appointment.

I was able to see my co-workers one last time for a long while while there and it was so good. Holly Leonard even cleaned my teeth for me before my immune system is shot :) AND I got to see one of my favorite patients, Brett E. This all made my heart very happy. I admit, it was a bit shocking to walk in to the lunch room and there was a new face sitting at the table and this young woman was interviewing FOR MY JOB! It's no surprise, though, as I won't likely be back doing dental hygiene for about a year between my chemo, surgery, radiation and shoulder surgery! God will lead and direct us all in this uncertain time, but I know I will have a place there in the capacity I am able when the time is right.

I came home and napped and was awakened by neighbors, Barb and Mike, who brought us a gorgeous flower arrangement and cupcakes!

Tonight was the first night I did not attend Special Olympic floor hockey as my immune system needs to be protected as much as possible. Thankfully, Graham and Monica Binder are on the coaching team now and will help John every Tuesday.

To top off my night, Graham and Monica came over to help pull weeds, do laundry and clean my kitchen while helping John make dinner. Monica sent me a text this morning telling me NOT to touch the house as they wanted to do it for me. I am eternally grateful as I found myself very tired this evening.

So medically, I did have an On Body Unit of Neulasta. It's a drug that helps with white blood cell stimulation and supposedly can cause bone pain. It was in a unit attached to my arm since yesterday and 27 hours after my chemo, it injected into my arm. I did not feel a thing when it went in! When it was done, I simply pulled it off my arm. The only thing I've noticed it more tiredness. Hopefully, taking the recommended Claritin the day before, of and after will help that side effect of bone pain not be an issue.

Off to sweet slumber, as my eyes are falling shut while I type.

Oh...one more thing, God used one of my physical side effects of all this cancer stuff as a reminder to pray for my persecuted sisters. I could have been totally bothered by this symptom of a burning sensation in the back of my throat that happens just occasionally, but now when it happens, I'm thankful for the gently reminder to stop immediately and pray for a specific person.

So many cards came for me over the past few days too! Thank you, everyone for thinking of me and lifting me in prayer. Even my old auto mechanic told me he'd be praying...I'm eternally grateful.


No comments: