Blog Archive

Saturday, June 11, 2016

Day 36 Enjoying Summer And Learning To Detoxify My Life

Woke up and headed to Yellow Springs Street Fair. Met with my lovely daughter and her beau, Connor..er, I can't remember spelling. :(  Also walked around with John's daughters and grandkids for a while.  We were cooking in the 90 degree sun for a few hours, then we had enough heat and returned home to do some studying on Dr. Aukerman's book.

So many things I have done and products I've used that I never gave second thought to that are considered toxic or causes inflammation. They will be changing! I already stopped using antiperspirant, make-up, and hair color and nail polish. I already started shopping for as much organic, grass-fed, non-toxic foods as I could.  NOW...No more microwave. No more plastic storage containers. No more teflon pans. No more toxic shampoo, soap, detergents. No more sunscreen. No more regular grocery shopping. I need to get my brain wrapped around all these changes. I need to convince John that it's a new life for me and this will affect him too.  This is not going to be an easy transition for him, I'm afraid. I'm ready though! Bring it!

Spent the evening grocery shopping at Sam's and Whole Foods. We got as much organic, healthful, wild-caught as possible. Unfortunately, my lower back has ached all day and I've had a headache since we returned from Yellow Springs. I think it was too much sun and not enough water.

More later...need to keep reading Dr. Aukerman's book as it's required before I see him on Monday.

No comments: