Blog Archive

Monday, June 6, 2016

Day 31 Back On Track Emotionally and My Wish List

Dear loved ones,

Thank you, each one of you, for your supportive words of encouragement, your prayers, well-wishes, and love!  God used each of you to heal my heart on a really rocky day yesterday.

Today, my day started out feeling a little better, but I still felt..."meh" heading off to work! Thankfully, it got better as the day went on.

First, I received an inspirational video of a young blind boy singing, "Open the Eyes of My Heart", followed by a phone call from one of my dearest friends, Liz Pieniasek, followed by a day at work with such caring and loving patients/friends who filled me with their hugs today.  Then after work I got to go to a bluegrass concert with the Muterspaws! These dear friends are good for the soul! We simply laughed and enjoyed some amazing bluegrass by the Haddix Family in Hunter, Ohio. It's a really healthy distraction to be with people you love, doing fun things together, especially since I know these opportunities are coming to an end for a while til I'm back on my feet after treatment.

I  don't really know what happened yesterday, but suffice it to say that I don't care for  those kinds of days and  I'm glad I was pulled out  of that hole!

I know June 13th will be here soon enough and I am so thankful that my husband, John, and friend, Liz Pieniasek, will be with me for the oncologist appointment when I get my treatment laid out for chemo or not chemo before surgery and radiation. Thankfully, I have been offered a gift of a free massage in my own home by Ruth Ann Pinnick (Josh Lenon's sister) and I think I'll ask her if that night will work. I have a feeling I'm going to be emotionally worn out that day.

I've had many people ask me how they can 'help' me or what they can do.  My first reaction is to say that I don't need anything but prayer. It's true! I covet your prayers. And...It's really weird asking people for things, so I don't even want to  because I've never needed to ask for help since I started working 30 years ago. And these aren't really 'needs, per se, but wants at this point. However, there are a few things I'd really like but don't feel like I'm being responsible with my finances to buy them seeing I may be out of work for 4-12 months, depending on treatment. But since my diagnosis, I've avoided lots of things deemed, 'not good for you' and haven't worn anti-antiperspirant, only put on a 'little' make up twice in the last month because I   was going on a date with John, and I won't color my hair or do my nails anymore.  I've also chosen to eat much cleaner...organic whenever possible, and am looking into auto-immune paleo food choices,  and appropriate supplements for healing. I want to stay as non-toxic and pure in what I put in/on my body  so I'm the best steward of my health as I can be.  That being said, I would really like to feel 'safe' wearing 'healthy' deodorant,  non-toxic make up,  and eating better food choices.  So after some research, I have some specific brands I'd love to have so I feel good about what I'm consuming. If anyone is interested in helping me get a few of those things off my short wish-list, contact me. Again, I'm just saying that this is awkward and weird even sharing....but so many ask, I thought I'd be honest about it. (Deb Slanaker...you are right, I need to learn to receive...it's SO UNCOMFORTABLE.)




No comments: