Blog Archive

Friday, June 3, 2016

Day 28 Best MRI experience!! and no Valium needed :)

Today was my 2nd MRI at 7 am. I wasn't even anxious, thankfully, even though it was face up. Thankfully, my dear friend from Jackson, WY called me 5 min before going in 'just to see how I was doing'!  Funny how timely God works to have one of my greatest prayer warriors 'randomly' call just before my procedure. We prayed and I went in. It was seriously the most relaxing, peaceful hour of my week. I was all tucked in and wrapped up in a warm blanket and prayed, thought, and dozed off for the whole banging experience.

Worked and am struggling with my rotator cuff pain quite a bit. Ugh! Sleep is the worst. I must toss and turn all night trying to get comfortable.

Tonight it was good for my soul to attend another event with my Red Door Church family. I'm constantly reminded of the love that surrounds me. These people are my people and I am thankful to know I'll spend eternity with them all! Such a sweet blessing to visit with Zak and Brittany and cuddle with their little 2+ month old, Pete. I like those people. I told John tonight that it really stinks that I have to deal with this treatment and will likely feel pretty cruddy because I'd love to have so many old and new friends up for dinner and an evening in our gazebo this summer.

John told me that if I have to have weeks/months off work, he will string up my Hennessey Hammock in our woods and come out and check on me throughout the day while I'm healing. I can be resting in our woods and read or listen to music or sleep outside under the shadow of the Almighty.

Great conversation with Sara Godbey tonight. Such a tender and sweet young woman. She was very motivating and informational. Now I can research, not only Paleo, but auto-immune Paleo and be even more healthy. Plus she shared a non-toxic deodorant brand and make-up that I can use safely. Whew!  John and I are both relieved. This stinkin' and dark circles under my eyes is getting old. :)

No comments: