Blog Archive

Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Day 47 A Very Blurry Day

I started the day around 5 a.m., and jumped out of bed because I was either hungry or nauseous and I remembered those nurses at the oncology office telling me, "Stay ahead of your nauseousness!" Since I know that today is the day that my anti-nausea meds are supposed to start wearing off, I did not want to test it, so I got up and made breakfast and took my rx meds for it.

Within an hour, I was sound asleep in my gazebo and napped til my sister, Karen, called to check in with me. She agreed that taking the anti-nausea meds was a good idea if I felt queezy.

My son, Jonathan, came down to visit and he and Sarah and I went to a friend's dad's funeral luncheon. I was in a blur the entire time and felt like it was an out of body experience all day. Literally, I could hardly hold a conversation, I felt like a zombie, and I just wanted to nap.

I did get a little energy and took my kids to Dorothy Lane Market and they sampled and tasted lots of goodies. While they were doing the beer and wine aisle, I sneaked over to the holistic section and found some special tea for what I have discovered is an unwanted side effect of some of these drugs. Suffice it to say, the tea I got is called Smooth Move. I'll leave the rest up to your imagination.

Came home, ate dinner and became a zombie all over while we all chatted in the gazebo. Literally, I nodded off and on the entire time. Finally, I decided I had to blog and then go to bed.

One very exciting thing about my day is that some dear friends shipped me my very own VITAMIX!! God is so good to me. Oh! And today, I got to put on safe, non-toxic make up thanks to my dear friends, the Petrovichs! Thank you for loving on me, friends.

I'd like to leave with a spiritually sage quote...but I'm too tired, so good night.

No comments: