Blog Archive

Sunday, June 19, 2016

Day 44 Preparation Before Chemo Begins

John and I just arrived home after a very long drive from Illinois (7 hours) and we enjoyed a lovely dinner with one of his daughters, Kasey, at BJ Brewhouse.

On the drive, I removed my large 4x4 pieces of gauze covering my incision sites where my port was placed  as the tape was irritating it again. I think I am developing a sensitivity to adhesives.   While driving, I also read an article on what to expect for this day. I have a care bag ready with chap stick, snacks, blanket, water bottle, eye shade, lavender oil, and reading material.

I just bought  some special treats for my 1st chemo treatment tomorrow: 80% cacao bar, fresh organic raspberries, and  genoa salami!  I will get to enjoy these with my daughter and husband as they will be the ones to come with me tomorrow. My friend, Liz, was going to come, but she is needed with her children tomorrow much more. This will be a several hour event tomorrow morning.

I admit I have some concern for tomorrow, but in general, I'm in a good space mentally.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey neighbor, just wanted to wish you well on this first day of your treatment! You are a strong and focused woman and I know you will complete this assignment for some reason given to you by the Lord!

While I catch up every few days on your blog entries and giggle at your description of things or events, my heart is sad that you have to go thru all this. But I know God will be glorified in you!

I hope you will consider getting a book published on your journal accounts of this difficult and complicated journey, accompanied by Sarah Jean's wonderful photography of beautiful long-haired Trish to beautiful, bald and given fully to Christ Trish.

I think this would be an incredible inspiration to every woman, not to mention those who will follow in your diagnosis and treatment footsteps!

Love you loads, old neighbor, Cindy :)

Tricia Wonderly said...

Neighbor,

I delighted my soul to hear from you! I miss your face and our laughs. It's been so many long years since I've seen you. Perhaps someday soon? :) My schedule has lightened up a bit! ;) Love you back, old neighbor, Tricia :)