Blog Archive

Thursday, June 30, 2016

Day 55 Yesterday Too Awesome to Blog...hence, Skipped Day 54

At 11:15 last night, I fell into bed and realized I had not thought about blogging all day because it was such a glorious day!

Not only was the weather idyllic, but I felt great all day. (Ok, I do get an occasional weird sensation in my brain like the drug is whooshing around in there and it feels like an instant headache, but it lasts for seconds, then goes away. And I still am experiencing rare sensations in the back of my throat that feels like a burning, but it also goes away in seconds.) Other than that, the breeze was dreamy, the temperature was perfect, the sun was shining, and I soaked it all in.

I spent the glorious morning in my gazebo visiting with a sweet young lady, Lizzie Simms, and we caught up on her new life as a bride and her family, but one thing she was able to help me with was a realistic expectation of how I might be feeling in the upcoming months, as her mama and daddy have both had cancer. Not that I liked hearing that it may get much more unpleasant, but at least hearing it prepares me for it even more.

I also slurped down some yummy sweet potato-pear soup made in my new Vitamix! So stinkin' easy, healthy, and delicious.

John and I also enjoyed some grocery shopping. This organic only shopping is crazy expensive. I need to just grow a garden. Oh...and I took some of my 10 year anniversary gift from my amazing boss and bought myself stainless steel pots and pans and threw away my old teflon ones. John is being very patient as I ransack my house and life of toxins.

Lastly, I had the pleasure of talking to my niece, Breanna, whom I have not connected with in a long time. My family is such a blessing to me and I am thankful for the genuine love and maturity she displayed as we reconnected. It's all you, Jesus! I know so well that we are all broken, sinful, messed up people, yet, You are what I choose to focus on because You alone are all that is true, right, perfect, and holy.  Thank you, Jesus, for the gift of forgiveness, even when I do it wrong, You are always right.

No comments: