Blog Archive

Sunday, September 18, 2022

Breanna Visits

This morning I baked my pumpkin, cherry & almond scones. A new recipe that I must say tasted yummy especially with the clotted cream that my friend, Doni gave me last week. They were a bit dough-y but the taste was yummy! Unfortunately, baking them in the toaster oven we will be using in our WonderVan in the next several months is helping me figure out best baking temperatures and times. These got too brown and still had 8 minutes to go.  



Then off to church and lunch with John’s sister, Maria!  


AND…Today is a day I’ve long awaited! My niece, Breanna, from Rockford, came to visit for a few days. She’s my impromptu adventuring buddy that sparks joy in all we do from mountain biking to baking bread and cooking a delicious home cooked organic meal to attempting to do tai chi together! 

I have felt great all day. No nausea and no unusual fatigue. No chemo diarrhea and my neuropathy is actually better today. That’s something to be grateful for! The evening was spent attempting to make a sour dough rye and spelt bread. My levain didn’t double so I’m concerned about the rise I’ll get in this loaf. I’ll know in the morning as it’s proofing right now until I get up. 

It’s been a beauty of a day…one for which I’m thankful to be alive. 


No comments: