Blog Archive

Sunday, September 25, 2022

Mountain Beauty

The fact that I have any cell service is a pleasant surprise right now. Being in the middle of West Virginia’s mountains usually means beauty everywhere and little cell service anywhere. 

I started my day out on a pier and reading Brother Lawrence’s book, Practicing God’s Presence. I was able to literally sit in His Presence for a couple hours praying, reading and breathing in deeply the morning while John slept in.

Next John and I enjoyed an omelette breakfast before the rain shoo-ed us away and we were off to adventure at Blackwater Falls State Park. From this stunning waterfall to a fly fisherman’s paradise on Blackwater Falls River to breath taking overlooks, we both were in awe of God’s creative beauty all around us. 



We have settled in to a dispersed forested camping area in Monongahela National Forest tonight and soon John will make me halibut and veggies before settling in the van for another night’s sleep. 


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was a privilege to meet you!! You are a true inspiration to me. Your positivity and beautiful smile is something I will never forget. I will be praying for you and your family.
Gail (Trail Goddess - pink sweat shirt)