Blog Archive

Friday, September 23, 2022

Prep Day



Things are a bit rough physically today starting with my concerning high pulse rate. I monitored it throughout the night and while my oxygen is stable enough, my pulse was consistently in the mid-90s even as I was sleeping! I checked it probably 4 times throughout the night. It did read 82 at 6 am when I woke up and hadn’t moved, but then all day today my pulse still read in the mid to high 90s and if I moved around a little, it easily went in the 100s! 

I did call my oncologist and she was wondering if I might be dehydrated or have an infection? Actually it’s very possible from when we canoed Wednesday and I felt dehydrated then. Also the top of my right ring finger has a little cut that’s healing however with my neuropathy it kills me if I lightly bump it! I’m wondering if it might be infected?

I’ve been drinking lots of water all evening to help if it’s from dehydration. Unfortunately my pulse is still high after 4 hours! I’ll closely watch this and report back to the oncologist.

Besides a few physical issues, today was a very productive day! I grocery shopped and meal prepped all afternoon and into the evening! Fortunately my friend Michaelah came to visit and helped me with much of this time-consuming work! John and I are camping for the next five days so there was a lot of planning and preparation work to get ready! This will be the first time we have camped in 2022 and we are both very excited for it! It’s my hope that everything will calm down by tomorrow.

No comments: