Blog Archive

Wednesday, September 28, 2022

My Last Day of Being 55

Today was wonderful and pensive. 

John and I started the day doing one of our favorite activities…Mountain Biking! Despite it being 49 degrees, we bundled up and hit my favorite local trails at John Bryan State Park! While on the trails, John got a call from a local in Yellow Springs whom he knew from over 20 years ago who happened to see us in his work van with John’s name on it, so he called and we met up for a visit in town. He’s one of the more fascinating people I’ve met in quite a while. George lives in a commune and one of his passions is growing Pawpaw trees. He had some ripe fruit that he shared with us so tonight at the age of 55, I tried my very first pawpaw! It’s especially sweet, has a soft buttery texture and tastes somewhere between a pineapple and banana. 




Then this evening John and I attended a Celebration of Life for Bobbie Henderson, the wife of one of John’s high school friends. She died suddenly a couple weeks ago so very unexpectedly. I think being surrounded by so many people who were dealing with the sudden passing of an amazingly impactful woman was interesting for me. I’m keenly aware that every day I have still alive is truly a gift and each day I have is one more than I had yesterday and one more day to be grateful that I’m alive. I hope my life can bless others and remind them how very loved we all are by a God who pursues us and wants us to choose Him.

I also have been the recipient of a vegetable gift from my new friend, JH, once again! She has gifted me with a ton of delicious, nutritious, organic Swiss chard and several other veggies this summer!! I’m so blessed!! Just another of those million little miracles!



Now as I get ready for bed I’m finding myself in prayer for my daughter, son in law, soon to be grand daughter, former husband and friends who are all living in the Hurricane Ian area. We haven’t had communication for several hours from them so I’m praying for their safety. I know that because of tornadoes that were hitting down yesterday, my daughter and family slept safely inside their closet last night and I know she was feeling safe this afternoon. But having no communication tonight is a bit unnerving. Please pray for my loved ones safety when you read this! And thank you!

Here I am at 55! Thankful to be alive! Tomorrow I’ll wake up 56 and will worship my Creator for seeing another year! 



1 comment:

Julie Anderson said...

I went to college right by John Bryan State Park and loved running those trails! We actually had our cross-country meets there :)

Praying for your loved ones tonight!! ❤️