Blog Archive

Thursday, September 8, 2022

Girls Trip Day #1

Girl’s Trip Day #1 was filled with the sweet release of cares and time. We get to just BE with each other and have very few plans other than to live in the moment and with each other. The biggest A-ha moment was when we looked back on our Girls Trip Journal and counted 10 previous trips…meaning this isn’t our 10th Annual but our 11th! 

Brooklyn flew in from Colorado and Liz lives in town. We often travel for it but because of my health and treatments we decided to stay at my house this year. We did make a run to the famous Dorothy Lane Market for food and per usual we got to sample many things there. I convinced the Girls to try poke, raw seasoned tuna, which I love…let’s just say they didn’t but they were brave to try it!


After heading to Hobby Lobby for buying yarn to work on a crotchet project we stayed at the house and enjoyed BLTs which we decided we MUST have in honor of our names Brooklyn, Liz, & Tricia (BLT)! 



We reminisced, shared stories, talked about God, family, struggles, joys, and this year started with me being able to share my gift of words and silk. I decided that it’s important they hear and know how much they’ve meant to be these past 11 years of being friends so I read to them a letter I wrote about my love and gratitude for each lady. Then I was thankful to be able to gift them with a Blissy pillowcase and eyeshade where they could forever think of me when they go to bed and get to enjoy the silky, luxurious feeling of a Blissy!! It’s like I’m hugging them and wrapping them in my love!



Of course we also have our crazy traditions that are unmentionable in a blog so let’s just say we didn’t disappoint of having our first moment of silliness and crazy! The Girls reliving it makes me smile!
There is one small concern I’ll share here from a health point of view. I noticed for the first time that if I took in a deep breath, that my lungs felt a little tight. It’s ever so slight, but reminiscent of this past May with Breathing issues. Keeping prayers over it all! 

No comments: