Blog Archive

Thursday, September 15, 2022

Apples Done & Steroids Begin The Buzzing

Bring it on! This will be my LAST round of steroids because this next infusion will be my last dosage with the drug Taxotere. That’s the only true chemotherapy medication I’m receiving right now. And moving forward, my every 3 week infusion will only be with the Herceptin and Perjeta, which are not truly chemo medications, but rather antibodies that fight the HER2 type of breast cancer. Therefore, I won’t have the side effects, nor the need for steroids after this round! That also means that my hair should start growing back in a couple months which will be nice mostly because it’s getting chilly and I really notice the loss of heat from my head. Sometimes I like to wear my wig just to keep me warm!

Tomorrow I’ll be chatting with my medical oncologist about all the new side effects I’ve experienced this past week so I’ll let my readers know what she says tomorrow. Today was the same. Neuropathy and slight breathing issues. 

Today I  watched and did an hour beginner Tai chi video then finished up using those apples I got from my cousins Pam & Todd Parmenter. I made 6 trays of cinnamon apples chips, 2 apple pie fillings and 4 quarts of cinnamon apple cider! It really took all the live long day to peel, core & slice the apples then make everything, but I loved every minute of it!! I’m so thankful for the gift of 3 full buckets full of organic apples!




After all the apple processing, I got to help cut flowers for Jake and Liz’ flower farm roadside bouquet sale! I’ll head over to Liz’ at 6 am to help make the Friday bouquets before heading to the oncologist with John for my infusion and LAST chemo!!




It’s 11:30 pm and I’m feeling mostly very awake still but I gotta try sleeping. With how much I toss and turn on steroids, I’m just going to sleep in the couch because I’m sure I’d wake John up a half dozen times tonight. Plus I have more apple chips in the oven that I’ll need to check in an hour or two. And per my usual steroids Jacked up buzzing, I’ll likely be up be 5 am anyway! 



No comments: