Blog Archive

Saturday, September 17, 2022

Chemo Done & I’m So Grateful

My day started so beautifully with going to Liz’ house at 6 a.m. and helping her make some beautiful bouquets for them to sell at their new flower farm, Under The Pines! Creating beautiful things brings me great joy and being able to do it with your BFF, is even sweeter. 



Yesterday was my LAST chemo day, but don’t misunderstand…I’ll still be getting infusions every 3 weeks but it’s other IV drugs that are referred to as antibodies or targeted treatment for HER2+ type of breast cancer. 





It was a very simple and pain free appointment  I’m so grateful for this gift! And my sweet hubby took the day off work again to bring me, support me and show his tender loving care of me! I’m such a blessed woman. I’m so filled with Gratitude! It’s my sincerest hope that anyone reading this will listen at least once to this song which has become my hearts theme song during this phase of my life. (It would especially bless me if I knew my dear young friend JT, soon to be JO’ would 💍 listen just once.)

I did ask my doctor about the breathing issues and rib  awareness that I’ve started experiencing and at this point she thinks that since my lungs sound clear that it’s probably ok not to take a chest X-ray, although she recommended it.  I just said that since I’m getting a new CT and MRI in 3 weeks that I’d rather not have the extra radiation. She didn’t think moving those scans up sooner would really make any difference unless I start having more dramatic symptoms. Also the neuropathy in my feet is lessening but my thumbs are still tingly and a bit tender. She offered to lower my Taxotere dose but I said no. I don’t want to take less medication for healing just to alleviate the risk of neuropathy which I believe will go away in time. So all in all, we had a productive appointment and getting the meds was easy peasy, praise God!!  

I came home to a surprise bouquet of flowers from a woman I hardly know but who as also gone through breast cancer treatment. She works at an association for stair builders that my husband is affiliated with!! God is always showing me His love through so many people! Thank you, Terra! 


Then last night I was a bit concerned about my ability to sleep since the night before when I had my first day of steroids I really only had about 2 hours of sleep. It’s because of that I talked to my doctor about lessening my steroids all together & she agreed and the beautiful gift I received last night was sweet slumber for 6 straight hours without waking up!!!

This morning I’m enjoying a clean house, a cup of tea and reading scripture. I have really fallen in love with The Passions Translation of the Bible and the words from Galatians is so beautiful to me that I decided to share just the simple introductory greeting Paul stated here. 






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love you, cousin! Praying for you. You inspire me with your strong, vibrant faith!

Anonymous said...

Gratitude!