Blog Archive

Tuesday, September 6, 2022

Preparing for THE Girls

Thankfully, after the day I had yesterday, I am grateful to say I felt wonderful all day today! The neuropathy is still present in my feet, and probably will be until after my final chemotherapy drug on September 16… But I expect it to go away within a month or so from that infusion. Digestively, everything was normal today! And I had an awesome night’s sleep so today was a very restful day.

The best part of my day was spending a few hours of it with my son as we juiced a 5 gallon bucket of organic apples from cousin’s orchard in Illinois and made some delicious Autumn spiced fresh apple cider! 



Other than that it was just running around and getting the house in order for the next four days as Brooklyn and Liz and I get to celebrate our 10 year anniversary of our annual Girl’s trip together! This year we will keep it local at my house but I’m sure we will find ways to celebrate our friendship and the traditions of Girl’s Tripping! Here are a few photos from past several years! We do have traditions: crazy adventuring, yummy food, crafting or puzzles, gift giving, sex talks, and nakedness, just to name a few! This year will be no exception!



Reno/Lake Tahoe 2021
Reno/Lake Tahoe 2021 headed to nude beach
Ohio Tree House masking and bleaching teeth all at once! 2018
2020 COVID didn’t stop us!
Colorado Yurt 2019
Cabin in KY, 2012
Red River Gorge, KY hiking 2015
Pike’s Peak, CO 2017
2016 Crazy happens!


2016 started with sweet time together as I got chemo AND Daniel got to join Girl’s Weekend for an afternoon!





No comments: