Blog Archive

Wednesday, September 14, 2022

Gratitude Beyond Words

Gratitude & Humbled is how I would describe my feelings today when I think of all the people I talk to that say they read my blog and hold me close. I receive homemade cards weekly from some cousins, prayers daily from so so many, phone calls and texts often from a myriad of loved ones, offers of gifts and help all the time, and then there are those perfect strangers whom I find out about that hear about my diagnosis and even THEY are praying for me! I am deeply moved at this out-pouring of human love that’s divinely orchestrated to reveal my Creator’s miracles to me! When I personally know how very regular and simple I am, yet I get to experience this kind of love from so many, I’m literally in awe of God and I am humbled! I get to experience His goodness on a level that seems like Heaven on earth to me. God is showing me this to remind me of the future and eternal life I will get to experience when I leave my temporal body only to see God face to face and sit in awe of all He has done for me, starting with offering me the free gift of my salvation through Jesus. This is not about religion for me. It’s the real life, real deal, real-ity of who God is. It makes me keenly aware of my whole purpose of my time on earth…to reflect Him and give glory back to God for who He is. I am nothing without Him and have everything with Him! This is a thank you to each person who has interfaced with me on this journey. I hope my life and words and love draws you closer to God in some way. This journey and my story truly is NOT about me. It’s all about Christ in me, for me, and for us to taste and see God more richly. What a joy I have to get to be a part of His love display at this time on earth. There are no mistakes. If our lives have intersected along this journey, it’s my ultimate hope that you experience God’s goodness even more too. 

In the past 5 months I have seen God’s miracles and beauty through people, His creation, songs, and experiences. I have hundreds of photos to remind me of those million little miracles. Here are a few that represent those millions. 


Waterfall in Cuyahoga National Park, OH


Last week in Quetico Provençal Park the Northern Lights. This is my happiest place on earth. I didn’t see this one in person but I’ve been there when I saw it in the past and can imagine sitting at Rebecca Falls and watching it while listening to those powerful Falls.   


My wonderful and amazing kids visiting me on Mother’s Day. Jumi’s not pictured here, however, God also blessed me with her too! Oh to have so many call me Mom! It’s my quiver full blessing from God!


The prettiest zinnia I’ve ever seen from a dear friend, Amy, who sent a bouquet of her flowers from miles away! 

So many gifts have been sent and given to me from cards and flowers to blankets and books and so much more!! 

So many have given their time and service to helping me survive this! Whether it’s cleaning my house or sitting with me for hours…Thank each and every one of you!

And this is only a few of my lovely coworkers who constantly show me love and concern. These peeps are like family! I will sure miss working with them!


A very memorable harvest moon from my beloved Girl’s Trip!


My favorite bird in Quetico Provençal Park. Their song is other worldly and makes me cry to hear it. I can’t wait to return. This photo was taken this summer.  If you’ve never heard a loon call, listen here and you’ll know what I mean to sit at our camp fire at night in Quetico and experience this phenomenon.


It’s ALL from Him! All my miracles and gifts, including you!


My very special bench built by one of my many angels on this journey. So many loved ones have been able to experience it and see for themselves God’s goodness. 


The beauty of this sunset at Liz and Jake’s flower field was breath taking this past summer. 


The love of family goes deep and wide in my life. Here are just a few of the gemstones in my family but there are so many, many more like my dad, aunts and uncles, brother in laws, cousins, nieces and nephew. I’m so profoundly blessed!


A precious 2 weeks with my daughter and son in law and this gift of time with my girl was precious and unforgettable. First time in person with her during her pregnancy with my soon to be grand daughter!


A hug from a dear friend. I show just one friend’s photo here, but imagine yourself being this friend wrapping your arms around me. I have received dozens of hugs from friends just like her and each one of you is precious to me. 


This man, my best friend, my adoring and loyal husband. One of my greatest treasures on this journey for whom I’m beyond grateful. John Wonderly, you are mine and I’m so thankful for the miracle of us. 



No comments: