Blog Archive

Wednesday, July 13, 2022

A Day to Nest

Another day where life seemed normal except for not working. It’s strange waking up every day and not going in to work when I don’t feel sick. Then I got a call from The James Stephanie Spielman Cancer Center reminding me of my infusion appointment in 2 days where I’ll have multiple hours of labs, oncologist appointment, PT appointment and the infusion itself. Thanks for the reminder that life really is different now. However, I choose to live each day with such gratitude for all the little and big miracles. Until I went without something like my health, I realize how much more I appreciated it and will never take it for granted.

Today was like nesting before a baby is delivered. I ran the dishwasher twice, did all the laundry, changed our sheets, vacuum sealed meals, prepped some food for Friday and picked up the house like visitors are coming. I know next week might be challenging as I recover from chemo so I want to be ready. I don’t have any plans for friends to be here (which I don’t think I need anymore anyway) so I want to be as ready as possible. 

Tonight I had the joy of hanging out with the Pieniazek kids while Liz and Jake had a date night. LillyMae, Zoey and I decided to write a little story about our names and read it. They are the sweetest kids! 




Finally, Liz and I got to read our Psalm together. This was one verse that stood out to me. 



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Luv u sis!

Terry Heath said...

Tricia, I was at Dr. Henize’s office for my cleaning appointment today and thinking of you, of course! I asked how you are doing and they gave me an update and shared your blog. I’m happy to hear you are feeling better than you apparently have been. I just wanted you to know I’m thinking of you and will be keeping you in prayer. May God’s light continue to shine upon you and His miracles continue to bless you!