Blog Archive

Friday, July 22, 2022

Amber Waves of Grain

Whew! Glad that’s over! A much better day today… thank you, Lord!

If I look at how my body responded to chemo the previous couple times, I am very thankful this round wasn’t intolerable. Considering all that’s injected in my body, I’d say I really did great overall! I will be asking Dr Sudheendra about another day or two of low dose steroids to see if I can alleviate the chemo side effects even more. 

Today was a low key and much better day. I got to go for a short walk to my Angel Carl’s bench and he was even planted exactly in the right place to drive me to the bench and back so I didn’t over exert myself. That’s how 😇’s work. They just appear when you need them! 


After sitting on my bench, reading Scripture, allowing the sunshine to flood into my eyes, listening to nature, and soaking in all the healing, I enjoyed a walk to the field where I touched the grasses and allowed God’s beauty to pour into me as I ambled the path way by my bench. This was pure joy to be a part of my Father’s creation in a non-hurried, taking it all in, loving life, full of gratitude kind of way! There was Timothy Grass, Orchard Grass, Rescue Grass and Curly Dock billowing it’s dried stalks like amber waves of grain!







Today is a celebration! A day I didn’t take for granted! A day I appreciated the small things right around me.

Once home, I did the normal life things like cooking, cleaning, napping and stopping at the bank! And for THAT I am so thankful I was physically capable of doing them all! So tonight, I encourage everyone to be grateful for one thing! Oh and click here mama, to listen to my Gratitude song! 


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love song💕💕love mom