Blog Archive

Tuesday, July 26, 2022

Bumps

Short and sweet entries as I continue to recover from chemo side effects and am feeling wonderful! Thanks to all my prayer warriors!

I was a busy beaver today with cleaning, washing a window, dusting, posting things on Facebook Marketplace to sell, mowing 2 lawns both at home and John’s shop, doing all kinds of administrative stuff, and picking up some antibiotic ointment, etc. 

I did notice an odd bump on my head by my ear a couple days ago and it’s getting bigger and more red. Ingrown hair? Pimple? Some infected bug bite? Not sure. Then this morning I noticed another similar red bump but this time it was near my incision site for my port tubing over my collar bone. Could be an infected suture remnant? Both are raised, red and feel hard inside. I called the oncologist and they put me on an antibiotic ointment to see if it will help. If I had a sterile scalpel and wasn’t challenged medically, I’d lance them but that’s not wise when my white blood count is challenged from chemo. 


The dark spot is my port. My concern is the red spot by my neck. 
The hygienist in me wants to just squeeze and pop them! I need to be very careful when it comes to infections these days. 

That’s a wrap for July 26!

No comments: