Blog Archive

Tuesday, July 19, 2022

Today…Another of the Million Little Miracles

Before Dr Sudheendra agreed to let me have extra steroids post chemo, I’d be definitely feeling the yuck feels of chemo today. However, since I was able to take extra low dosage of the steroids for 3 extra days…..I had ZERO, ZIP, NADA, NOTHING today! I felt totally energized and normal ALL DAY LONG!! Whatever was going on last night subsided, thankfully.

So at 4:30 am CST, I woke up and showered, shaved my noggin, and afterwards contacted my sister Lys to meet for prayer and a time to read scripture together. I got to see the sunrise this morning too as an extra beauty blessing from God! 



Then my dear, dear friend Wendy who lives about 1.5 hours away from my parents said she was free all day so I drove to her farm and we celebrated life, love & friendship while getting to see her entire farm complete with fruits, veggies, flowers, animals, fish, fiber materials, upcoming knitting projects, & drinking here liquid gold, aka, unpasteurized fresh goat milk!! Doesn’t get any better than that…well until you get to drink it with freshly picked black raspberries! Graeter’s Ice Cream in Cincinnati would be jealous. 








Then after the blessing of friendship filled our cups, I drive back to Rockford just to find out that my sweet mama has a tickle in her throat. I asked her to check for  COVID and unfortunately the test was indeed positive! So in a matter if minutes, my plans have changed. I stayed the night at Aunt Ro’s house then decided to head back home to Springboro tomorrow morning just in case I do get symptoms too. However, while I didn’t get to see my Milwaukee nieces, it’s been a huge blessing to do what I’ve done. 


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Such a wonderful visit!! Cut short by Covid. Prayers none of fam and friends get it. Feeling like just a cold!! Safe travels dear daughter!! Love mom!