Blog Archive

Saturday, July 16, 2022

Steroid surprises

When one wakes up at 5 am after chemo and full of steroids, you have no idea where you’ll end up! I had a random stray volt idea that I could drive to Rockford, IL that’s7 hours away with no problem! So I packed for a week and was out the door by 6:00 am. I did call my mom to make sure she was aware of my extended plans to surprise the family. Then my eldest sister, Karen, FaceTimed me and asked where I was driving so I decided to tell her and the next thing I knew, she decided to drive in from Milwaukee to see me and spend the night! 

My first stop was a surprise visit to my sweet sissy, Lissy, who I knew would be floored and blown away to see my face at her front door. 



Before I knew it it was a surprise visit to my sister, Paula’s, and then all the sisters were all together for the first time in a year!! What a blessing to be with my sisters with such love. I got to see my nephew, PJ, brother in law, Dan, and got to get hang with out mama and my dad. We even got to share some ice cream! Lots of pictures here of the day! Next stop to see my Aunt Ro and my nieces! Shhhh, it’s still going to be a surprise for them!! 











No comments: