Blog Archive

Saturday, July 2, 2022

Feeling Normal Again

Gorgeous summer day in Ohio this morning. Hiked with friend Courtney and, yes, I showed her the bench in the pine grove that has so touched my heart. We sat there talking so long that my bum got sore. I really need to put together a Tricia’s Bench Fund so a more comfortable seat can be made for long hours of sitting. Or if anyone can carve out the round log into a comfy sitting spot, let me know.  


I got to run an errand with my little friend, Zoey and I might have treated her to a little Jeni’s ice cream. 


The rest of the day was spend in John’s shop and working on parts for the WonderVan. I mostly scuff sanded metal parts prior to being painted. John continued working on applying or painting exterior parts with Rhino liner. Every day I dream that this will be a reality. My reality.  


So as you can read, my day sounds like I’m living cancer free, energetic and I’m so thankful. Except for sneezing, which still drops me to my knees, today is the first day I’ve felt so amazing all day long!! No naps required.  Well and then there’s still obvious baldness plus now I’m losing my eyelashes, eyebrows, etc. But I am happy with my wig this time around so if I get tired of looking like a cue ball, I just throw it on. 

Nothing else juicy to report. Go live your life with gratitude, forgiving others and yourself easily, loving your family fiercely, slowing down and appreciating what matters, making each moment count, and mostly, thanking God for the breath in your lungs.  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

“Wonderly” woman!! Love mom

Anonymous said...

Great update Tricia 🙏